Top 5 Sprouts For Fighting Diabetes
What are sprouts, and how do they help your health?
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
Sprouts are a unique ingredient which can be added to a wide array of meals, and they can add some amazing benefits to your diet.
1) Sprouts are microgreens, or young plants which are germinating.
2) Many sprouts contain vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, flavanoids, and carotenoids. Plus, they’re packed with fiber, and low in both calories and carbohydrates.
3) Grains sprouts are found in certain whole wheat breads. They’re low in carbs and saturated fat, but high in vitamins and folate.
4) Radish sprouts, or daikon, contain vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. Studies have shown they can help lower blood sugar levels.
5) Brussels sprouts are a wonderful source of fiber and the antioxidant alpha-lipodic acid. This acid has been shown to reduce inflammation and improve insulin sensitivity.
6) Bean sprouts, like mung bean sprouts, are high in vitamins and minerals, including fiber and iron. They’re also high in protein, and contain peptides, which have been shown to slow cancer cell growth and lower blood pressure.
7) Broccoli sprouts are high in fiber, protein, and vitamin C. They’re also loaded with the compound sulforaphane, which has been shown to decrease of certain forms of cancer, reduce inflammation, and lower blood pressure.