STRAWBERRY PIE | Gluten Free, Dairy Free | The Foody Friends | Episode #27
#strawberrypie #glutenfreepie #dairyfreewhippedcream #nutfree #veganpie #strawberries #summertimedesserts
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
It’s summertime and the strawberries are sweet and delicious! The perfect time for a healthier, gluten free, dairy free version of STRAWBERRY PIE. The Foody Friends visited their local strawberry farm this week and decided to make this super easy, super delicious GLUTEN and DAIRY FREE pie using a ready made pie shell by Wholly Wholesome, and whipped cream by SO Delicious!! Best of all, this pie is made without gelatin or cornstarch, so it is a much healthier alternative to the old traditional recipe.
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE
– 2 lbs fresh strawberries
– 1 cup sugar
– 3 TBS Arrowroot
– 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
– Gluten free pie crust (we used WHOLLY WHOLESOME Gluten Free Pie Crust)
– Dairy free whipped cream (we used So Delicious Coco Whip)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Bake ready-made pie crust according to package directions
3. Hull strawberries and cut in half ( quarter them if strawberries are large)
4. In a pan, combine strawberries, sugar, arrowroot, and lemon juice and cook over low heat for about 10 mins or until thick and shiny.
5. Pour strawberry mixture into pie shell and chill for 2 hours.
6. Top with dairy free whipped topping and enjoy!!
I Feel Free- by Gaelan Mendoza
Cold Funk – Funkorama by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
The Foody Friends is a cooking show on YouTube dedicated to kids with food allergies. Featuring allergy friendly, dairy free, gluten free, and nut free recipes!
SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, or ask us QUESTIONS here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshzktnzjOqNL8AUkwXAPoQ
We post new allergy friendly recipes every Thursday!!
—Follow The Foody Friends Online—
THE FOODY FRIENDS WEBSITE- https://www.thefoodyfriends.com
Visit our website for awesome gluten free, dairy free, nut free recipes for kids with food allergies, food sensitivities, or dietary restrictions.
We post DAILY about how we live dairy free, gluten free, and nut free from a kid’s point of view.
We tweet every time we have a new video to share! We would also love to hear from you! Tell us how YOU deal with living with food allergies.