ANDHRA CHILLI CHICKEN CURRY | ANDHRA CHILLI CHICKEN RESTAURANT STYLE
Andhra Chilli Chicken Curry | Andhra Chilli Chicken Restaurant Style | Andhra Style Green Chilli Chicken | Andhra Chilli Chicken | Green Chilli Chicken Curry | Andhra Style Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry | Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Andhra Chilli Chicken Curry:
– Chicken, curry cut with bones – 1 Kg
Green Masala Paste:
– Sautéed onions- small onion, thick slices (40 gms)
– Sautéed Green chillies – 8 nos., halved
– Coriander Leaves, chopped- 1 cup
– Mint leaves- 1/2 cup
– Curry Leaves- 10-12 nos.
– Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
– Cinnamon- 2 pieces
– Curry Leaves- 10-12
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 3 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
– Onions, chopped- 2 big ones (200 gms)
– Green Chillies, slit- 3
– Ginger, crushed- 2 tbsp
– Garlic, crushed- 2 tbsp
– Tomato, sliced- 2 small (100 gms)
– Salt- 2.5 tsp or to taste
– Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup (120 ml)
– Refined Oil- 5-6 tbsp
– Coriander leaves for garnish- 2-3 tbsp
– Peel and make thick slices of 1 small onion. Wash and cut the green chillies into halves.
– To make the Green Masala paste, take a frying pan & heat 1/2 tbsp oil. Now add the thick onion slices and fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins till translucent. Now add the green chillies, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 30 secs. Remove to a plate and let it cool.
– Now chop the coriander leaves and take out the mint and curry leaves.
– Now add all the ingredients for the masala paste into a blender/grinder and coarse grind it. Give it a mix and then blend it into a paste after adding 2-3 tbsp water. Set aside.
– Now, chop the onions, peel and crush the ginger & garlic and slice the tomatoes.
– Also slit the green chillies, take out the curry leaves and chop the coriander leaves for garnishing.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and curry leaves. Give a stir and then add the chopped onions & slit green chillies. Fry on medium heat for 8-9 mins till the colour changes.
– Now add the crushed ginger and garlic and fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins.
– Add the sliced tomatoes and 1 tsp salt & fry on medium heat for 2-3 tsp till the tomatoes are soft. Now add all the spice powders other than Garam masala powder and mix and fry in medium heat for 2-3 mins till the spices are cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the chicken pieces and 1.5 tsp salt and mix and fry on high heat for 4-5 mins. Continue to cook on medium heat for another 8-10 mins till the chicken is browned.
– Add the Green Masala paste, coconut milk and Garam masala powder. Give a mix, add 200 ml water and cook covered on low heat for 15 mins till the chicken is tender.
– Now remove the lid, and add chopped coriander leaves. Add little water (if needed) for desired consistency of the gravy. Mix and cook 2 mins on low heat.
– Serve with roti or rice.
#andhrachillichicken #chillichickencurry #spicychickengravy #andhrastylechicken #spicychickenrecipe #chickenrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken