Study how one can share your enter on consuming out with meals allergy, and examine our newest advocacy with meals producers. Plus, find out about the best way to take part in a brand new analysis research for kids with peanut allergy.
Advocacy: Have your say and take part in our survey – ENDS TONIGHT
Share your experiences consuming out with meals allergy. In assist of our efforts to work with trade and policymakers on meals allergen administration in foodservice retailers, we would like your enter.
Take our quick 15-minute survey to share your experiences on consuming out and ordering meals from a restaurant or foodservice institution. To be eligible, you or your baby will need to have a proper meals allergy analysis.
The survey ends tonight! Don’t miss out in sharing your ideas, take the survey now.
Advocacy: Annual Meals Producer’s Stakeholder Council Assembly
This month, we hosted our annual meals trade assembly with our Meals Producer’s Stakeholder Council in Toronto, ON. The Council is comprised of members of the Canadian meals trade who’re dedicated to working with us to assist advance allergen administration practices inside meals manufacturing.
Bringing collectively this core group of producers supplied us with the chance to share present challenges associated to meals allergen labelling and talk about potential paths ahead to raised assist you make knowledgeable meals decisions.
We have been honoured to have worldwide meals allergy specialists at our assembly, together with Dr. Paul Turner, Reader in Paediatric Allergy & Immunology at Imperial Faculty London UK, Dr. Samuel Godefroy, Full Professor of Meals Threat Evaluation and Regulatory Insurance policies, Division of Meals Science, College of Agriculture and Meals Sciences, Université Laval, as nicely representatives from Well being Canada and the Canadian Meals Inspection Company.
We sit up for collaborating with the Council and being your voice on the desk.
Analysis research — Name for contributors: Kids with peanut allergy
A analysis research is underway throughout North America. They’re looking for youngsters aged 4-7 years who’ve been recognized with peanut allergy and are at the moment following a strict peanut-free food regimen.
The research is testing an investigational drug patch to find out how nicely it really works and the way secure it’s in youngsters with peanut allergy. The aim of the patch is to doubtlessly desensitize an individual with peanut allergy by repeated exposures to very small quantities of peanut through the pores and skin.
Following is an announcement from the analysis group. You too can go to VitesseAllergyStudy.com for extra particulars and examine their FAQ sheet. Please notice, research websites will proceed to be added, so verify again typically.
Please share with others whose youngsters have peanut allergy.
From the analysis group:
Now Enrolling: The VITESSE Section 3 Research for Peanut Allergy
The VITESSE part 3 scientific analysis research is in search of youngsters 4 to 7 years of age who’ve been recognized with peanut allergy and are at the moment following a strict peanut-free food regimen. Research docs are testing an investigational drug patch (additionally known as research drug patch) to find out how nicely it really works and the way secure it’s in youngsters with peanut allergy.
What ought to I do know in regards to the VITESSE research?
- To be eligible for this research, contributors have to be*:
- 4 to 7 years of age
- Identified with peanut allergy
- At the moment following a strict peanut-free food regimen
*Different inclusion/exclusion standards will apply.
- This research will include at the very least 12 research visits and 5 cellphone calls over a interval of roughly 58 weeks (about 1 12 months)
- Individuals will probably be randomly assigned (by likelihood) to obtain the research drug patch or placebo patch (seems just like the research drug however incorporates no lively drug). Individuals can have a few 67% (2 in 3) likelihood of receiving the research drug patch and a few 33% (1 in 3) likelihood of receiving the placebo patch
- The well being and security of contributors will probably be monitored all through the research
- Participant information and knowledge will probably be saved confidential in line with relevant legal guidelines for scientific analysis research
- Research contributors will obtain all study-related procedures and the research drug patch or placebo patch for free of charge
To study extra in regards to the VITESSE part 3 research and eligibility standards, please go to VitesseAllergyStudy.com or ClinicalTrials.gov (identifier: NCT05741476).
Research sponsored by DBV Applied sciences.
Tags: advocacy, peanut allergy, Analysis, VITESSE Research