Chocolate chip cookies–however make them with almond flour so that they’re gluten-free! Chewy cookies with crisp, browned edges and that basic buttery-sweet-vanilla style all punctuated with chocolate chips. Get the glass of milk prepared, we’re having cookies tonight! (Additionally dairy-free and paleo adaptions are talked about beneath).
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks.
BENEFITS OF ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Almond recipes work effectively as a result of many individuals don’t like having to make use of all-purpose gluten-free flour, whether or not that’s as a result of they’re avoiding rice (and rice is normally the primary ingredient) or as a result of they need a less complicated recipe with a single grain flour. There are such a lot of manufacturers of all-purpose gluten-free flour on the market, and so a lot of them differ and every are good for various kinds of recipes so it might probably get complicated. Almond flour is simply almond flour and there’s no confusion in that.
Almond flour additionally has good protein, and due to its high-fat content material, these cookies keep moist longer and have a pleasant chewiness.
If you happen to’ve by no means baked with almond flour earlier than and surprise if the style of almonds shall be overpowering, it isn’t. I particularly discover that to be true through the use of butter within the recipe. To me, the wealthy butter style is the primary observe I get, with the almond flour within the background.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED IN ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES:
*See beneath for substitution choices
DO I HAVE TO USE CORNSTARCH?
No, you don’t. If you happen to’re making an attempt to make this grain-free, or paleo, you possibly can omit the cornstarch. It is not going to break the recipe. I do like including it as a result of I feel it helps the feel extra. If you happen to can have it, I like to recommend it.
CAN I MAKE THESE ALMOND COOKIES EGG-FREE?
The egg helps bind the cookie since there is no such thing as a gluten. I’d not suggest omitting it. I’ve not tried it with an egg replacer. My greatest guess could be Ener-G egg replacer. If you happen to strive it, make sure to remark beneath to assist future readers.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT FLOUR?
If you happen to’re on the lookout for a gluten-free AND a nut-free chocolate chip cookie, I’d suggest considered one of my different gluten-free cookies. Hopefully, if you happen to landed on this web page it’s since you’re looking particularly for almond flour recipes. Almond flour may be very particular and shouldn’t be changed on this recipe.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED?
WHAT CHOCOLATE CHIPS DO I RECOMMEND?
I like to make use of Kirkland’s Semi Candy chocolate chips as a result of they’re naturally dairy free and are available in a big measurement to final an extended whereas. These will assist the cookie be dairy free and paleo. However, be at liberty to make use of no matter form you have got readily available. Get pleasure from Life is one other nice dairy free model too.
I discover that the cookies look prettiest if you happen to not solely stir within the chocolate chip cookies, but additionally dot the dough with some further chocolate chips on prime guaranteeing some present extra as soon as they’ve cooked.
WHAT TEXTURE WILL THESE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES BE?
These cookies have a young, chewy crumb, and relying on how lengthy you bake them, a crispy edge. I discover these do flatten a bit (worse if the butter isn’t chilled), so don’t count on tremendous thick cookies.
HOW TO SHAPE THE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
I discover a technique to assist the form of them is after they’ve set for the 5 minutes on the baking sheet, IS to loosen the beneath with a spatula, then take a big glass (or different round object that can match round them) and set it alongside the surface of the cookie and gently wiggle the glass round in a round form. It may possibly assist spherical off the perimeters earlier than they cool utterly, serving to them look extra spherical and a bit thicker. That is completely not required, only for these of us with OCD. The photograph above is the very same recipe, cooked the very same approach, from the identical batch of dough. The one on the left was left alone, the second used this system to assist make it extra round so you possibly can see what a distinction it’s. I additionally added a couple of further chocolate chips as soon as they got here out of the oven and have been nonetheless sizzling, in order that the tops seemed higher. Typically we get annoyed after we strive a recipe on the web as a result of it doesn’t look the identical, when actually, you don’t notice that it’s the identical recipe, however the meals blogger dolled it up a bit so it will look higher for pictures.
WHAT KIND OF SUGAR SHOULD I USE?
I like to recommend mild brown sugar, because it has moisture in it to assist with the chewiness. If you happen to want it to be paleo, you possibly can sub for coconut sugar.
DO I HAVE OTHER GLUTEN-FREE COOKIES?
The reply is totally! Check out these different favourite gluten-free delights:
IS ALMOND MEAL THE SAME AS ALMOND FLOUR?
No, almond meal will not be the identical as almond flour. You’ll need to use Superfine Blanched Almond Flour. I used Nice Worth’s model, however any model ought to do.
CAN I USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
You should utilize any form of mix-ins you want to, some enjoyable ones could be:
- dried cherries and white chocolate chips
- darkish chocolate chips
- a mixture of darkish and white chocolate chips
Use no matter mix-in you want to!
WHAT KIND OF BUTTER SHOULD I USE
To me, a basic observe of a chocolate chip cookie is that buttery style, so I went with unsalted butter. If you happen to want this to be dairy free, you possibly can sub in coconut oil.
I’ll observe that the temperature of the butter is necessary in order that the cookies mix effectively, but additionally don’t unfold an excessive amount of. I hate to be finicky, I attempt to make recipes so simple as potential, however coping with gluten-free cookies and almond flour requires two further steps:
- You want the butter to be gentle sufficient to cream. In case your butter isn’t already room temperature, I set mine within the microwave, and heat for less than 5 seconds per aspect, turning every time (4 instances whole). This will get it excellent for the recipe!
- As soon as the cookie dough is combined, place the dough again within the fridge for 20 minutes. This helps the butter agency up sufficient to not soften everywhere in the sheet.
TIPS FOR MAKING ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Measure the almond flour appropriately by both utilizing a kitchen scale (336 grams), or by spooning and leveling your measuring cup, as an alternative of scooping it out (which may compact it an excessive amount of.)
- Use softened butter
- Refrigerate the dough earlier than baking
- Permit the cookies to chill on the nice and cozy pan out of the oven for five minutes. As a result of how chewy they’re, they’re too fragile to take away from the pan till they’ve had extra time to set.
HOW TO STORE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
To retailer these cookies, I like to recommend an air tight container (even a ziploc baggie will do) at room temperature for 3-4 days. After that, they are often frozen within the freezer in an air tight container for as much as 4 months. Take them out, thaw and luxuriate in once more!
DO I HAVE A VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO MAKE THESE?
Sure, I do! Watch the video to see the way to make these cookies from begin to end. The video ought to auto populate, or if it doesn’t, it’s embedded into the underside of the recipe card. If that doesn’t work, you possibly can all the time watch it on my YouTube Channel.
- Preheat oven to 350 and place a non-stick silicone baking mat on it, or parchment paper. Put aside.
- If the butter is not room temperature/softened, then you possibly can put it within the microwave, and microwave both sides for 5 seconds, turning 4 instances, so I whole of 20 seconds.)
- In a big mixing bowl (or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) add your butter and sugar. Cream. (This may be achieved by hand, within the stand mixer, or with hand-held electrical beaters–your desire.)
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Combine.
- Add the Baking soda, salt and corn starch. Combine
- Add the flour and blend utterly.
- Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Utilizing a cookie scoop, place the dough onto the ready baking sheet. These will unfold, so make sure to solely do two in a single row, then only one within the subsequent and so forth, alternatively spacing evenly. I solely do six per sheet.
- Bake for 13-20 minutes, relying on how crispy you want them. I do fifteen.
- Take out of the oven and permit to set on the nice and cozy pan for a further 5 minutes.
- These are tender, so rigorously use a spatula to take away them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Retailer room temperature in an hermetic container, or freeze for as much as 4 months.
Impressed and tweaked from: Massive Man’s World, Significant Eats and Eat with Readability
All FAQs are above the recipe card. Make sure you watch the video beneath too for greatest outcomes.
*Our allergy symptoms, whereas extreme and that get re-tested ceaselessly, are such that we are able to go strictly by what’s on the label. I don’t name firms to see what issues are derived from, or name producers to see about potential cross contact. In case your allergy symptoms require you to take action, please do your personal homework. I can not guarantee you of any ingredient’s security, solely you are able to do that. I merely share what works for our household.
**If you will feed this to somebody with meals allergy symptoms, and also you your self should not have meals allergy symptoms, I HIGHLY suggest having them examine each single model and ingredient you might be utilizing, to make sure they’re OK with every a part of the recipe. And, to ensure you’ve talked to them about the way to keep away from cross contamination in your kitchen.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 139Whole Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 16mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT. WHILE YOU’RE THERE, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER GLUTEN FREE PINS.
Hello! I’m Megan, a mother to 4 youngsters, two with a number of meals allergy symptoms & one with EOE. I’m a broadcast cookbook writer that continuously tweaks recipes to make them allergy pleasant–it’s an dependancy. I share each recipe & tip with you, that will help you eat such as you did earlier than meals allergy symptoms & dietary restrictions. You’ll be able to nonetheless be superior, even with meals allergy symptoms!