Who ought to get the vaccine?
• Virtually all adults ought to get vaccinated
Can youngsters get the present vaccines?
• No vaccine has but been authorized for kids underneath 16 and kids shouldn’t be vaccinated till research are full and a vaccine has been authorized for his or her age group.
Can individuals with immune deficiencies get the vaccine?
• As a result of there are greater than 450 immunodeficiencies, it isn’t attainable to make a blanket suggestion, however, as a result of not one of the vaccines are dwell, there is no such thing as a further danger to immunodeficiency sufferers.
As a result of it seems that most immunodeficiency sufferers contaminated with coronavirus haven’t had severe COVID-19 illness, main immunodeficiency is probably not thought-about a high-risk situation in your state.
Can individuals with bronchial asthma get the vaccine and are they thought-about at specific danger for severe COVID-19?
• Sure, individuals with bronchial asthma can obtain the vaccine. At the moment, one of the best proof accessible is that folks with bronchial asthma, apart from some with very extreme bronchial asthma, should not at elevated danger for severe COVID-19 illness and, due to this fact, should not in a high-risk group.
Do the vaccines work?
• Sure. In depth scientific trials present that the authorized vaccines are clearly efficient. Each have been proven to be 94-95% efficient in stopping the unfold of COVID-19.
Is one vaccine higher than one other?
• There are extra vaccines coming however we don’t know their examine outcomes but. At the moment, there is no such thing as a foundation to favor one vaccine over one other.
Are the vaccines secure?
• Sure. Based mostly on tens of 1000’s of vaccine recipients, the vaccines are secure As with every new remedy, some very uncommon uncomfortable side effects might solely be detected when massive numbers of individuals have been vaccinated. There might be continued shut monitoring of the protection of those new vaccines over time.
Are there uncomfortable side effects from the vaccine?
• As with all vaccines, uncommon uncomfortable side effects have occurred. The details about the vaccine reactions is proscribed however it’s possible that some are allergic reactions and a few should not.
Can the vaccines trigger allergic reactions?
• Uncommon circumstances of allergic reactions to have been reported. There’s a suspicion that an additive, polyethylene glycol, has triggered at the very least a few of the allergic reactions. Allergy to polyethylene glycol is uncommon.
If I’ve had meals, stinging insect, remedy allergic reactions or hay fever, can I get the vaccine?
• Sure. Individuals with some of these allergy can obtain the vaccine, however must be monitored after the vaccine for at the very least quarter-hour after the vaccine.
If I’ve had an allergic response to different vaccines, can I obtain the COVID vaccine?
• Doubtless sure, however people who’ve beforehand skilled vaccine reactions ought to seek the advice of with their allergist about the place to obtain their vaccine and be monitored for at the very least half-hour after the vaccine
The place can I be taught extra about allergic reactions and the vaccine?
• Go HERE
If I get the COVID vaccine, when can I get my allergy photographs?
• Whereas there is no such thing as a information on this, our suggestion is to obtain you not obtain your allergy shot and COVID vaccine at the very least in the future aside.
How will the vaccine be distributed?
• Distribution of the vaccine will range by state. You’ll want to examine your state well being division’s website online for data
When will everybody have entry to the vaccine?
• It’s unlikely that vaccine might be accessible for most of the people till March or April
For extra data, please see this submit from Johns Hopkins College. As issues are altering so quickly, we are going to replace you as new data turns into accessible.
By: Dr. Richard Wasserman
Allergy Companions of North Texas