Home Food Allergies Employee Died from Anaphylaxis/Bronchial asthma After Inhalation of Hashish Mud

Employee Died from Anaphylaxis/Bronchial asthma After Inhalation of Hashish Mud


In accordance with an accident report from the US Occupational Security and Well being Administration (OSHA), 27-year-old Lorna McMurrey — who labored on the Trulieve facility in Holyoke, Massachusetts, a hashish supplier — was working the late shift grinding hashish flower, a precursor to one of many firm’s merchandise.

On January 7, 2022, McMurrey reportedly mentioned she was having hassle respiration as a consequence of all of the airborne hashish mud within the room. She was transported to an area hospital the place she died quickly after.

The report notes:

An worker was grinding hashish flowers, and packaging floor hashish in pre-rolls. The worker couldn’t breathe and was killed, because of the hazards of floor hashish mud.

Whereas McMurrey died over 9 months in the past, particulars of her dying have not too long ago been reported by The Younger Jurks, a Massachusetts-based podcast centered on politics with regard to the state’s hashish trade. The hosts started elevating questions concerning the lady’s dying final month:

Since then, conventional information media have adopted up on the story. Here’s a information report from Western Mass Information offering extra background info together with an interview with a pal of Ms McMurrey who spoke along with her on the evening of her passing:

Our honest condolences exit to the household of Ms McMurrey who’re reliving the tragedy of her dying as new particulars come to gentle relating to her passing. We hope they achieve some measure of closure ensuing from the media scrutiny this story is lastly receiving.

We name on OSHA to carry out a radical investigation into the working situations at Trulieve, to take motion to stop related tragedies sooner or later, and to make public the small print so that each one who work in the same capability perceive the hazards when substances are aerosolized.