Allergic reaction: Urban Planet fires Canadian teen for bad reaction to bell peppers – TomoNews
SASKATOON, CANADA — An 18-year-old girl was fired from her job at a clothing store after she had an allergic reaction to bell peppers.
Clothes retailer Urban Planet fired Danielle Duperreault, 18, from one of its Saskatoon stores after she ate something she shouldn’t have and went into anaphylactic shock, CBC reported.
Danielle is allergic to the touch and smell of mangoes, which make her hands blister. But hot peppers are her real worst enemy and even bell peppers are enough to trigger an anaphylactic reaction, she told CBC.
So when Danielle ate something on her break that she shouldn’t have, she started to choke at work. She hadn’t even made it to the hospital when the store manager sent a message saying she was fired.
Danielle told CBC she couldn’t find her EpiPen, a medical device that provides an antidote to anaphylaxis. She had only worked at the store for two months.
The CEO of Urban Planet’s parent company said sorry to Danielle and offered to pay her until she finds a new job. But Danielle said she was still waiting for an apology from her former supervisor, according to CBC.
Welcome to TomoNews, where we animate the most entertaining news on the internets. Come here for an animated look at viral headlines, US news, celebrity gossip, salacious scandals, dumb criminals and much more! Subscribe now for daily news animations that will knock your socks off.
Visit our official website for all the latest, uncensored videos: http://us.tomonews.com
Check out our Android app: http://bit.ly/1rddhCj
Check out our iOS app: http://bit.ly/1gO3z1f
Get top stories delivered to your inbox everyday: http://bit.ly/tomo-newsletter
Stay connected with us here:
Twitter @tomonewsus http://www.twitter.com/TomoNewsUS
Instagram @tomonewsus http://instagram.com/tomonewsus
Please watch: “Crying dog breaks the internet’s heart — but this sad dog story has a happy ending”